Please note that any reference to “the company” “we” “us” is a reference to Academics International or any of its subsidiaries. Any reference to “you”, “your” or “user” refers to the individual submitting personal information to the company including candidates.
- We may share your information with other companies within the group but under no circumstances will information be sold or made available to marketing agencies or similar parties not directly involved with the company.
- The company will, at all times, collect personal information in a fair and lawful manner. Information gathered by the company will usually include, but not be limited to; your name; address; phone number; email address; date of birth; work history; National Insurance number; details of academic and professional qualification. This information may be collected in hard copy from you; in a face to face meeting; from a telephone conversation, via email, via fax or via our website.
Use of Information
- Your personal information will be used and processed by the company in order the company to carry out its duties, rights and obligations. Principally this use will be for personnel, administration and payroll purposes. We may also send you information about promotion offers and special events.
The Company will not use or disclose or permit the use or disclosure of personal User information that could be used to identify an individual User without the consent of that User in any circumstances except:
- Information which we are required by law to make public
- Information which we must disclose for audit purposes
- Information held in connection with payroll, which we must disclose to obtain actuarial advice.
- Information held in connection with payroll, which we would need to disclose to a 3rd party involved in
- Information that we must disclose for legal proceedings or to obtain legal advice.
- Information held that we must disclose in connection with the process of you seeking employment
- through or with the company
Information submitted via our website
- Personal information including your e-mail address will be used for the purposes of ensuring the proper functioning of the company’s website. Your e-mail address will be included on the company’s database.
Right to Opt Out
- From time to time, promotional offers and special events, including events we run with our partners will be communicated to you. You have the right to opt out of these additional communications and can do so by requesting this in writing to Academics International, U16B 325 Centre Road, Bentleigh, Victoria, 3204, Australia. It may take up to 21 days to action your request.
- The company will to take reasonable steps necessary to ensure that your information is secure from any unauthorised access or disclosure.
Access to Information
- Subject to requirements of law, and upon request from a user, the company will provide the user with access to information it has obtained regarding the user. Candidates may request to access personal information by writing to us at, Academics International, U16B 325 Centre Road, Bentleigh, Victoria, 3204, Australia. Please reference Academics International, or the individual subsidiary in your request and mark it for the attention of “The Data Controller”. A fee may be payable.
Audit of this Policy