School Counsellor - Abu Dhabi City
My client is a popular IB World School in Abu Dhabi City, UAE. Starting September, two Counselling vacancies have come available on their team. One in the Primary school and the other in the Secondary school. Both roles are to be offered as a contract up to three years.
You will be responsible for the delivery of individual and small group counselling sessions and the development and implementation of emotional well-being programs across the school. You will have excellent communication skills and have a sound understanding of a variety of age appropriate counselling techniques suitable for use with young children and teenagers. A proven capacity to work effectively in an educational environment liaising with students, parents, teachers and the wider school community is preferred.
This role requires experience in counselling a range of psychological issues, including but not limited to eating disorders, substance misuse, depression, anxiety and self-harm. This counsellor is not intended to provide career guidance.
* Minimum Bachelor degree in Counselling, Psychology or Social Work
* A minimum of 2 years' experience in Counselling in a school based environment
* Strong professional skills underpinned by sound theoretical knowledge
* Motivated and committed to promoting mental health
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Personable, presentable and articulate
* Excellent English language skills required
* Passion, Integrity and Commitment
* Monthly tax free salary of up to 15500AED a month (£3330/$4220USD)
* School provided accommodation within walking distance to school
* Annual flights (employee only)
* 500AED month utility allowance
* Private medical cover (family)
* End of contract gratuity/bonus (21 days per yar of service)
* 1500AED shipping allowance
* Visa costs (employee only)
* Tuition for up to 2 children (3 years and above)
Simply click on "Apply Now" or contact Michael Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
Note/ Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted