Site Manager/Caretaker for East London Primary School
Hours: Full time
Job Start: Immediate
An opportunity has arisen at an amazing Primary School in Waltham Forest for a Caretaker to join their team. The successful candidate will need to be flexible, well organised and willing to become part of a friendly, welcoming workforce, which supports the needs of each child within the school.
The school is a beautiful Victorian building and has been recently refurbished with a new roof and windows.
The successful candidate will work alongside another caretaker and the cleaners with the key responsibilities of the caretaker being:
* To ensure the premises are secure
* To repair, decorate and ensure the general maintenance of the school site
* To support the smooth day to day running of the school
* An awareness of health and safety legislation
* To contribute to the development of the school premises and grounds
* To be responsible for the health and safety of the school
* Manage the cleaners and anyone else that falls under your remit
Previous experience as a caretaker will is preferred, however, candidates should be able to:
* Use their initiative to respond to a range of challenges
* Balance their workload, prioritising tasks and organising their time effectively
* Work independently as well as part of a team
* Communicate positively with all: pupils, parents, staff and Governors
We are seeking a candidate who has high standards and who takes pride in their work and who is willing to go the extra mile to get the job done.
This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a friendly vibrant team. If you are motivated, dedicated, have a good sense of humour and wish to join an amazing team please send your updated CV.