Executive Principal - Oman
Our client requires an exceptional leader who brings passion for continuous improvement and a relentless pursuit of leadership excellence.
Starting August 2019 as the Executive Principal you will lead, organise and manage this highly regarded K to 12 IB curriculum school in Oman.
The Principals key deliverables are aligned with the annual school quality review and the school’s strategic plan. You must be an excellent communicator and compelling story-teller, to ensure our new families understand our dynamic educational offer for their children which will in turn drive strong student enrolment.
Key objectives include education quality and outcomes, student well-being, school growth, financial targets, staff development, and resource utilisation.
To be successful in this role you must hold/be able to deliver the following
* Past experience as an Executive Principal/Head of School or Deputy of a large mixed gender K-12.
* International (ideally Gulf) senior leadership experience
* Strong faculty/staff development and management skills: Previous experience mentoring, supervising, and evaluating employees, complemented by the ability to build and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
* Solid track record in identifying, selecting and developing people.
* Previous experience managing diverse levels of skills.
* Previous experience leading a diverse organisation.
* Previous experience leading through other managers (ability to delegate).
* This position requires a steady hand and the ability to effectively deal with complex challenges with demonstrated, consistent intellectual sharpness, agility and capability.
* Able to hold people accountable for their own roles.
* Individuals with advanced degrees are sought; candidates with a terminal degree are highly desired.
* Past experience working with stakeholders in the school, such as students, parents, teachers, external visitors, MOE supervisors and officials.
* Due to visa restrictions, candidates who turn 60 years or above during the term of the contract are unable to be considered.
Note/ A full job description is available on request.
An attractive and negotiable tax free salary is to be offered on a contract of two years (renewable on review).
Furnished accommodation, rented car or allowance, annual airfare (+ family), end of service benefit per Omani laws, medical insurance, telephone allowances, utilities and visa costs are included. Tuition is also available for accompanying children.
Contact Michael Smith - firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated CV, covering letter/supporting statement. Shortlisting interviews via Skype will take place with immediate effect. Selected candidates will then be invited to Oman for face to face interviews from the 10 May.