Call Back Request
We will call you back at a time that suits you.

click here!

UK Visa and Passport Information

  1. Passport

  2. When travelling overseas, the most important document you will need to carry is a passport. Your passport is your proof of identity & citizenship whilst you travel internationally.
    See below for more information on passports in

    Are you eligible for a UK or EU passport?
    To find out see below

  3. Visa

  4. Candidates that do not hold a UK or EU passport will require a visa (otherwise known as an entry clearance) to work & live in the UK.  If you want to enter the UK as a tourist, you can do so for 30 days without the need of a visa.
    To complete a visa application or for more information go online to Visa4UK . Alternatively, an application can be made in person at the Visa Section of the relevant British High Commission or Consulate nearest to you.
    Biometric Visas - introduced to improve identity issues & strengthen UK border controls. All candidates applying for a visa to the UK are required to make an appointment with the relevant Consulate or High Commission to provide finger scans & digital photo.
    For details of the nearest British High Commission or Consulate Office, see the Foreign & Commonwealth Directory

    Visas available include;

    1. Youth Mobility Scheme (YMS) –
    2. From the 27 November 2008, Commonwealth citizens will be eligible for the Youth Mobility Visa This is set to replace the old Working Holiday Maker (WHM) Scheme and will allow young Australians between 18 and 30 to work in the UK for the whole of the two years compared to just one year under the previous scheme. Applicants will need to prove they have funds available at time of applying greater than $3800AUD to apply for this visa.

    3. Ancestry Visa –
    4. issued for a maximum of five years for a candidate that has a grandparent that was born in the UK. You must look for work before entering the UK. After five years you are then in a position to apply for permanent residency.

    5. Settlement Visa –
    6. issued for two years to the partner of a UK or EU passport holder. After two years you may then be in a position to apply permanently.

    7. Right of Abode Visa –
    8. issued to British Citizens & some Commonwealth Citizens that qualify for a Certificate of Entitlement. See Right of Abode Visa for more.

    9. Tier 1 (Skilled Migrant Visa) –
    10. A points based immigration route to the UK. Click here for more details including a points calculator to assess your ability to obtain this visa.

    11. Student Visa –
    12. issued on successful application to an institution on the UK's Department for Children Schools and Families Register of Education and Training Provider click here for more information.

      Candidates are restricted to work for no more than 20 hours per week.
      Other facts concerning working/living in the UK

      • Work Permit (Tier 2) Visa
      • is a sponsorship arrangement arranged between a UK employer (in this case School or Local Education Authority) & teaching candidate to a vacancy that canít be filled by a locally trained candidate. The offer of employment needs to come from the School or Local Education Authority & not Academics Ltd.
        For more information go to - click here.
      • Dependants
      • partners of visa holders may have working/living rights to enter the UK. The YMS doesnít allow any dependant to travel to the UK.

      Children - those under 18 years old are allowed entry to the UK as dependants, and can make their application at the same time as the main visa applicant.
      Click here for further information on all visa categories to the UK.